Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I received my first Critique! Yeah!

My submission (1/2 half of 1st chapter to One Wish my WIP) went on line last night at 10:00 p.m. my time on http://www.critiquecircle.com/ . Of course I had to get out of bed and stare at the screen for a bit to see if I was receiving mass compliments, but after twenty minutes or so, I decided it was better to give it a while so I went back to bed.

Yes, sure thing, I check first things this morning. I had received my first crit. Okay - I have received feedback from friends and family, but for me this was my first official critique, and a positive one at that. How lucky am I? Someone I don't know, have never met liked my writing. Liked it enough to do a 427 word critique on it. She really went out of her way. I must return the favor when her submission comes out. Turns out the critter was a teacher, and she felt the narrator had an engaging voice. Yippeee! Okay - 1 critique so far for my first submission. Here's hoping for more.

I did receive a comment from another poster feeling I listed it under the wrong genre. Didn't say anything else about my writing, just that I listed it wrong. Hmm. I wish they had at least said it rocked! Just kidding.

The CC site has Children's and then they have YA. I am writing MG at the time and I always see MG and YA thrown together. Needless to say I submitted it as a YA then as a sub I said MG Fantasy. Mistake on my part I guess. I just wish they had a MG genre for the site. Wonder how many crits I will lose out on because of the mis-labeling?

I critted another story tonight and enjoyed it alot. Again I'm hoping the feedback I give is appreciated. So far I have now critted 3 stories.

I will have to keep an out for a particular blog poster. I think their icon is pair of legs with striped socks on the feet. Can't even remember the posters name, but I think that is who subtly mentioned CC. I must thank them the next time I see a post.

I received a package in the mail today. Yes it was expected. I ordered it. In the story I am currently working on, there is a bit of magic in the MC and her family, but she doesn't know it. She is given a gift that turns out to be a key to her magic. I decided it would be a glass ball that "glowed" in the hands of it's intended. I was doing some research on-line last week and guess what. I found glass balls that glow. Yes, you read me right, glass balls that glow. So of course I had to go off an order it - for inspiration. It is truly too cool. A little bigger then what I had originally intended, but then I am writing a story, not filming a movie right? But....I have to admit I already have plans for a little home made book trailer to put here.

Yep, that's me. Always putting the cart before the horse. Don't have the MS done, but am planning the book trailer.

Do you try to bring certain things to life from your writing?

Thanks for stopping by.

Cassidy

No comments: