Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Yep, that's right. Today was my Birthday, and a nice one at that.
We had pizza and chocolate cake at work. Mmm Mmm good.
Since my loving husband (from here on out he will be known as my LH) works week nights, we ended up celebrating my birthday over the weekend. (Yes, I stretched it into a two day celebration.)
I like Fairies. I like Monsters. I like Vampires. I like Aliens. Yes, I like Sci Fi and Fantasy. So what did I get for my birthday?

T-Shirt that had a drawing of a castle on it and "Approved By the Monster's Council"

"What Would a Fairy Do?" Pee Che (Folder) that had a Fairy on the front that spun on a wheel when you tapped it. The wheel resembled the "Wheel of Fortune" wheel but instead of Money, it listed things a Fairy would do.

Tin of Vampire Repellent Mints (Made with Artificial Garlic) Whew, yes those will definitely repel Vampires, my LH, and just about anyone else if I decide to start eating them. (eating the mints silly!)

Two Glow in the Dark Alien Head Suckers (the sticks turn into bracelets when the candy is all gone!) I imagine that my daughters will eventually get those, but for now they are displayed on the kitchen counter.

Bacon Scented Car Freshener - mmm bacon.

In Case of Emergency Yodeler. Press the button and you get to listen to about one minutes worth of yodeling.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu Ray edition) Yeah! I hadn't seen that movie in so long. Had to watch it again Saturday. Loved it!

All in All I thought the birthday gifts from my LH and DD (darling daughters) were very original and exactly what I would have asked for! Well, maybe not the bacon scented air freshener...

Tomorrow is a pretty exciting day. New family heading into the White House. Hope I can watch some of it on TV. Will you be watching?


No comments: