Saturday, January 24, 2009

Things to do while you write that novel

As I said the other day I like to check out other Blogs and Literary Sites out here on the internetosphere Yes, I borrowed that word from NB's blog. Did he coin that word? Does he have copyright on it? I don't know. I hope not because I liked it so I'm borrowing it. He if asks, I will return it though.

Anyway, it seems if you want to write a book/novel/novella and get published there are a few things you need to do besides the obvious - Finish Writing The Book.

Of course, I had read about these few things before I decided to blog my journey. Now I will have to venture back into the internetosphere (yes like I said I like the word) and search for them so I can blog about them here.

One of the things that was suggested somewhere (and when I find it, I will link it back here) was to start a blog. Make sure the blog is pertinent to you as a writer and or your writing. With a blog you can build up a fan base and with the tricky little gadgets on blogger now you can actually see who your fans are (or in case of the gadget - your followers). You can also see how many people check your profile, which helps you see how many people might be stopping by the Blog even if they don't comment. Though that one isn't a real fair number, because you can increase the "Profile Views" by just refreshing the screen. ;0}.

I'm writing my story. I'm blogging my journey. Am I building up a fan base? Only time will tell.

Are you writing a story?

Thanks for stopping by.

Cass

No comments: